- Section 1 Commitment
- Section 2 Who We Are
- Section 3 Why We Collect Information
- Section 4 How We Collect Information
- Section 5 What Personal Data We Hold And How We Use It
- Section 6 Communications and Marketing
- Section 7 How We Keep Your Data Safe And Who Has Access To It
- Section 8 Corrections To Your Information
- Section 9 Your Rights
- Section 10 Data Retention
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of your data. We wish to respect any personal data you share with us and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
Who We Are
- iOCO Solutions Ltd (Company No: 06530792) is the company that created and maintains the Hoverfly open-source project GitHub (https://github.com/SpectoLabs/hoverfly), and sells commercial versions of Hoverfly.
- Our address is iOCO Solutions Ltd, 6-7 Castle Street, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 1HD, United Kingdom
- The iOCO website can be found at https://www.ioco.uk (“the Website”).
Why We Collect Information
- We collect information to allow us to provide you with the information or service you have requested from us; to provide you with information which we think you will be interested in; to understand how people use the information we provide on our Website; and how we operate more generally.
How We Collect Information
- We collect information about you:
- When you give it to us directly – You may give us your personal data in order to trial our software or subscribe to our newsletter. When you give us information in this manner, we may collect and store this information.
- When you visit our Website – We may collect information about you when you use our Website. Whenever you input information into our Website (for example, the contact form) we will collect the information that you give to us.
- We use “cookies” to identify you when you visit our Website and to enable us to remember your log in details.
- We may collect other information from your use of the Website, such as your IP address and access times.
What Personal Data We Hold And How We Use It
- We will typically hold the following information about you:
- Your full name,
- GitHub username,
- Email address.
- We will use your data to:
- Provide you with the information, products, or services that you request from us.
Communications and Marketing
- We may contact you by email if you have provided consent.
- We provide the opportunity for you to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications every time we contact you.
- You can opt-out from receiving our marketing communications or update your contact preferences at any time by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our website is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How We Keep Your Data Safe And Who Has Access To It
- We are committed to ensuring that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details including from misuse and unauthorised access.
- We do not sell or share your personal details with third parties for them to use for marketing purposes.
Corrections To Your Information
- Except in limited circumstances, you have the right to obtain details of the information that we hold about you. If you would like to do so, please contact us using the details above or by email to email@example.com.
- We also want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your details change. You may also ask us to correct or remove information which is inaccurate.
- In certain circumstances you have a right to require us to stop processing your personal data in a particular way, or for your data to be erased from our database. If it is not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us for (e.g., providing you with a service or item you have requested) or we do not otherwise require the data to be archived for future reference, we will do so.
- The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data is either where:
- You have provided your consent to us using your data in a certain way.
- It is within our legitimate interests, or
- It is necessary in connection with the performance of a contract with you; or
- It is necessary to for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. If you want to access your information, please send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please let us know if you have any queries or concerns about the way that your data is being processed by contacting us on the details below. You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s office, and for further information see the Information Commissioner’s guidance here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information.
- We keep data for as long as there is a need to keep it in connection with the purposes for which it was collected.
- We may keep your personal data after a particular matter or exchange has concluded but purely for record keeping purposes and to be able to respond to queries. In some cases, we are also obliged to retain your personal data to comply with legal or statutory obligations (for example, to keep records of contractual or financial matters).
- Whilst the specific time periods vary depending on the circumstances, in general we will not keep records that include personal data for more than 6 years after a particular matter or exchange has concluded. In the event that you ask us to stop sending you marketing communications, we will retain certain details, such as your name, to help us ensure that you are not contacted again.