- Replace slow, flaky API dependencies with re-usable simulations
- Simulate network latency, random failures or rate limits to test edge-cases
- Extend and customize with any programming language
- Export, share, edit and import simulations
- CLI and native language bindings for Java and Python
- REST API
- Read the Hoverfly docs
- Do some tutorials
- Find out about Hoverfly Java
- Get started with HoverPy (a Hoverfly Python library)
- Take a look at the code on GitHub
- Chat on the Hoverfly Gitter channel
- Join the Hoverfly mailing list
- Get in touch with @spectolabs on Twitter
What is Hoverfly?
Hoverfly is a lightweight, open source API simulation tool. Using Hoverfly, you can create realistic simulations of the APIs your application depends on.
Download an archive and extract it to a directory on your PATH:
Or if you have Homebrew:
Hoverfly comes with a command line tool called hoverctl.
Both of these commands should return a version number. Now you can run an instance of Hoverfly.
Set Hoverfly to capture mode to capture an HTTP request and response.
You have just created a simulation. Take a look.
Set Hoverfly to simulate mode and make the same request.
The response was returned by Hoverfly.